Outlaws MC (est. 1935)
75 years of biking and brotherhood
The McCook Outlaws Motorcycle Club was
established out of Matilda's Bar on old
Route 66 in McCook, Illinois, just outside
Although the Club stayed together their
activities had been limited during World War
II. In May of 1946, the first major post-war
motorcycle event was held at Soldier Field
With new members coming from all over the
Chicago area, the Club was growing in size
from its early beginnings of 1935. Moving
out of McCook and re-establishing itself in
Chicago, the club decided to change its
name. The 'McCook Outlaws' became The
'Chicago Outlaws'. The club logo also
underwent a change; a small skull replaced
the winged motorcycle and old English style
letters. The design was embroidered on black
shirts and hand painted on leather jackets.
A set of Crossed Pistons were added to the
This time the design was embroidered on
black western style shirts with white
The Skull and Crossed Pistons were
redesigned, making them much larger with
The AMA (American Motorcycle Association)
that supervises all official
races in the USA, banned the word Outlaws
from all race clothing.
Club members who raced adapted and wore an
'OMC' on their outfits till 1963.
The Outlaws became the first true 1%er Club
east of the Mississippi.
On the 4th of July, the 'Gipsy Outlaws' from
Milwaukee became the second chapter to join
the club. Though they had had no former
contacts with the Milwaukee Club, the 'Gypsy
Outlaws' from Louisville followed, joining
in August at the Springfield Motorraces. The
'Outlaw Nation' was formed with Chicago as
the Mother Chapter.
On the 1st of January, 1965, the A.O.A.
(American Outlaws Association) was born. The
backpatch of the club, the skull and crossed
pistons, was named 'Charlie'.
|The A.M.A. logo
||The Outlaws answer
In July, 1967, the 'Outlaws' National
President and a few more members went down
from Chicago, and sanctioned the first
chapter in Florida.
'God Forgives, Outlaws Don't'
became the club's motto.
The first chapter outside the USA was formed
in Canada. The 'Satan's Choice' became
For the first time a member not belonging to
the Mother chapter became 'National
The abbreviation 'MC' was added to the
France became the first European chapter.
Formerly independent, the 'Australian
Outlaws' joined the AOA.
The 'MC 44' from France became a chapter.
The bottom rocker on their backpatch read
The Chicago chapter had grown and is split
into three groups: the Mother Chapter
(Southside), Westside and Northside. Norway
became the second European chapter.
The Belgian 'Outlaws MC', already existing
independently for 25 years, became a member
of the AOA.
14 chapters of the English and welsh
'Outlaws MC', until then an independent MC,
joined the AOA. Later that year Norway was
added as the first Scandinavian chapter.
With new chapters in Ireland and Jersey, a
country off the English coast, the club
began to expand. In Germany the 'Ghost
Riders MC' joined the AOA. The first Asian
chapter was established in Thailand and
Sweden became the second Scandinavian
Germany started the first official Support
MC of the AOA Nation.
The new 'Black Pistons MC' soon appeared in
the USA, Canada, Great Britain, Poland and
Norway for starters.
The AOA expanded again, this time with new
chapters In Italy and Poland.
The 'Outlaws MC' had grown to hold a
presence in 19 states of the USA.
The French 'MC Drome' came over and joined
At the end of 2004, the AOA started its
first prospective chapter in Russia.
Biking & Brotherhood since 1935. The Outlaws
MC World celebrated its 70th Anniversary as
a Motorcycle Club and the 40th Anniversary
as the AOA In June Charlie landed in Russia,
as the chapter received full membership
The end of 2006 marked the AOA starting its
first chapter in Japan.
Asia grew again, with the first prospective
chapter in Philippines starting in March.
The Outlaws exist today as one of the
largest Motorcycle Clubs worldwide.
All images, photographs and logos contained
within this site are protected by copyright
and may not
be reproduced without prior consent.